Be A Mentor
Mentoring Offers a Great Rewarding Experiene
We Make It Easy To Be A Mentor
Mentors support and prepare youth to have successful careers. Mentoring provides our youth with an opportunity to learn about other professions, and to meet someone who can provide guidance, share personal and professional experiences, and serve as a role model. Excel Village helps to create winning futures by providing mentors with a structured setting and topic-based activities to complete with their mentees.
Six Easy Steps to Becoming A Mentor
If you are motivated to help youth in your community and are willing to make the commitment, you can mentor! As a mentor, you will be asked to:
- Fill out an application
- Participate in an interview and school district background checks
- Fill out a Mentor Profile Sheet for your mentees
- Attend your Mentor Training
- Mentor at the school assigned. You will work with assigned student(s) on one (1) scheduled weekday for one (1) hour during school day, and assist students to identify their character values, set goals, explore careers in STEM-FAB, build employability skills, and prepare for the future through fun activities.
(12-18 sessions) volunteer mentor opportunities for the 2017-2018 academic year will be in the following cities:
– Charlotte, North Carolina
– Detroit, Michigan
– Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Contact Dr. Tamara Lindsay Roberts or Dr. Lisa Wicker at 866-601-4441 or email@example.com to learn more and answer any questions you may have.
Mentor Interest Form